Monday, May 9, 2011

Still Life

Assignment Description:
This particular type of photography focuses on displaying an item in a pleasing fashion. The goal is to create a picture that could be used as an advertisement in a magazine. It is essential to consider the elements of composition and to create the appropriate exposure to create a good photo.

Best Picture:



This is a picture of a perfume bottle. I placed green foliage around the product to add additional visual interest to the picture and used a flashlight to create a controlled lighting.In manual mode I was able to self-adjust the exposure triangle, with an aperture of 2.8, a shutter speed of 1/15, and an ISO of 100. I needed these settings to ensure a proper exposure in such a low-light situation.

Slide Show:



What I Learned:
I learned how much time it takes for professional photographers to create an advertisement. Each photo I took required multiple adjustments to the lighting, settings, and positions to finally take a good picture. It forced me to learn a little patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment