Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Gimp Assignment 3: Panoramic

Assignment Description:
This project was designed to introduce us to a new form of photography. By combining separate pictures with 10-20% overlap, you can create a wide angle view of the environment. We were instructed to take three pictures of the same place, with a 10-20% overlap between photos, then upload them into Gimp where we used multiple layers to seamlessly combine them into one cohesive picture.

Photo:


This is the photo I worked on. I took three pictures of an outdoor courtyard on the school grounds with a slight overlap. (I also used a tripod to ensure minimal differentiation between photos.) Then I uploaded them into the computer, and through gimp altered each to be combined together.

What I Learned:
In this assignment I learned how to create a panoramic view through multiple photos. I learned how to use The shear, scale, and perspective tools that help seamlessly combine these photos. I also learned how to adjust the color levels and sanitation despite the obstacle of multiple layers. I dis howevere have a difficult time getting the overall perspective correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment