Monday, May 2, 2011

Nature Pictures

Assignment Description:
In this assignment we were told to capture on image that expressed something special about the environment in which we live.  We were to tell a story about the outside world through our subject and its surroundings, using the elements of composition to enhance our photos.

Best Photo:
This is a picture of a budding tree in my backyard. I wanted to show the richness of spring through the redness off the buds, and use the darker background to contrast that color. I had the Shutter speed fast, around 1/125, and an aperture at 2.8, for I wanted to counter the lack of light the shutter would let in as well as create a nice depth of field.

Slide Show:



What I Learned: I learned how to see nature in a more artistic way than before. I now look for pictures that display a mood or feeling within viewers, and I pay more attention to compositional elements. Many time I try to off-center a subject, or alter the lighting to get a better photo. I also used gimp to touch up the coloring of the buds to get a little more contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment