Monday, May 16, 2011

Food

Assignment Description:
For this assignment we were instructed to photograph food in a pleasing way that resembled that of professional work. We were told to consider compositional elements as well as exposure settings to create a well thought out picture.

Picture:
 This is the original photo. I used an auto exposure setting and only adjusted the shutter speed in order to get the lighting I wanted.
In the edited picture I removed the second strawberry, seeing it as a distraction, and did my best to blend the new black background with the red berry.









Slide Show:



What I Learned:
I learned that food photography is very difficult the master and takes lots of planning and prep-work to finally create a creative picture. It was really hard to get the lighting the way I wanted and was quite difficult to merge the original image with the adjustments I made on Gimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment