Monday, May 23, 2011

Portrait

Assignment Description:
This assignment was to get young photographers such as myself to begin taking creative, professional pictures of people. We were instructed to fill the frame with our subject, and to somehow portray the person's personality.

Photo:



 I forgot to save the original photo, which was taken outside. There had been grass in the bottom third and a parking lot in the remaining background space. I had an exposure triangle of: shutter speed 1/400, aperture 4.0, and ISO 80.












Slide Show:



What I Learned:
I learned previously how to adjust the lighting of the environment to get a proper exposure on my subject's face, as well as placing them in a natural setting to enhance their personality. I barely used photoshop or gimp to enhance the pictures. It was mostly used to adjust the lighting on the girl's face. Although some of these pictures involve multiple people, they truly display the two girls' personalities, which is the most important aspect of a portrait photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment