Monday, June 6, 2011

motion

Assignment Description:
When taking pictures of an object in motion, one can either express the motion by blurring the subject, or one can freeze motion. I performed the latter in this photo assignment, trying to capture the water in mid-motion.

Best Photo:
 This is the unedited photo, taken outside where my sister would repeatedly drop the ball into the glass for me to take pictures. The pink hue is due to the umbrella she was using.
This is my edited picture, which I obviously cropped and adjusted color and levels.
The original Exposure Triangle:
Shutter Speed: 1/1600
Aperture: 3.2
ISO: 100

















Slide Show:




What I Learned:
I learned that stopping motion is really hard. Often times I missed the ball actually hitting the water surface and had to take multiple shots to get a decent picture. I also used curves on gimp for the first time to change the lightness/brightness of the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment