Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Black & White

Assignment Description:
This assignment was supposed to show us how to capture pleasing images without considering the colors of the photograph. By eliminating hues, photographers focus viewer's attention to certain aspects of their picture, enhancing certain elements of the picture.

Photo:
 This is the original photo I took of a jar of coins. The lighting was not very good, so I had to eventually adjust the balance in photoshop. The exposure triangle was:
Shutter Speed: 1/8
Aperture: 5.0
ISO: 200
This is the edited photo after using photoshop. I wanted to make some shadows in the picture to contrast the brightness of the rest of the photo.











Slide Show:



What I Learned:
I learned that it is extremely important for one to consider the lighting of the picture when taking a black and white photo. Without different colors to balance an image, you must rely on the exposure triangle to get a decent photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment